Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I'm at the starting line...

...of the rest of my life, as ready as I've ever been.
Got the hunger and the stars in my eyes.
The prize is mine to win."
*****
So I'm quoting a new song by Billy Ray and his daughter...maybe that's odd, maybe not.
But I really like this song, more specifically, the chorus. I can relate to those words.
It's the start of a brand new year and I'm the girl in the chorus of that song. I'm 26. I've finally become content, even happy, with who I am. I feel like I am right where God wants me to be. I finally realized that I am complete in Him. I have learned so much over the past year about who I am and who I can't wait to become. And now, at the start of 2008, I really am at the starting point of the rest of my life.
The thought of a new year holds so much promise - new people, new experiences - prizes to be won. I'm excited about the new year. I'm excited that I've finally learned to live my life and live it for me, doing what truly makes me happy.
So, like I said, I can relate to the girl in the song....
I'm 26.
Life holds so much possiblity for me.
I'm excited about what's in store.
God has great plans for my life.
I can't wait to see what they are!

No comments: